We would like to invite you to answer this one simple question.
- Can we continue indefinitely to produce and use energy the way we do now in Worcester?
There is only one answer, isn’t there?
No, we can’t. It’s simply impossible.
- We will eventually run out of fossil fuels
- We run the risk of runaway climate change (an ever present reality)
- We are overly reliant on supplies of energy from unstable parts of the world
- We are struggling with the upwardly spiralling costs of the energy we use
Now for the good news. Here in Worcester we can definitely:
- use much less energy, save money, and at the same time enjoy a good quality of life
- create an abundance of locally produced and low-cost renewable energy
In fact, it’s already happening:
“Across the globe – in regions, cities and communities, businesses and individual lives – people are proving that 100% renewable energy is not a fantasy for someday, but a reality today.”
We warmly invite you to join the Transition Worcester Energy Group to bring about these exciting changes. Contact the Energy Group if you want to get involved.
Our tasks include:
- researching and promoting ways to reduce the amount of energy we use as a community
- researching, documenting and promoting projects and schemes for the local generation of energy from renewable sources