We have a number of working groups actively involved in finding ways to engage with local communities and businesses to reduce waste and fossil fuel use. We also have a number of practical projects in place- all of which rely on volunteers to help them run. These include:
- Food Group– hold monthly meetings and run events throughout the year including seed and plant swaps, forages and gleans.
- Teaching and Display Garden – demonstrating and encouraging methods to ‘grow your own’ at our community gardens at the Old North Stables, Pitchcroft.
- Orchard Workers– help maintain Worcester’s traditional fruit trees and orchards and run a programme of apple pressing events each autumn.
- Repair Cafe Worcester– monthly event where volunteers will have a go at repairing anything that needs repairing!
- Worcester Food Rescue – rescuing food destined for landfill from local supermarkets and distributing to local good causes.
- Communications– getting the word out about our activities through our newsletter, Facebook and Twitter pages, posters, events and more.
If you’re interested in getting involved in any of these, have a skill to offer, or would like to talk to us about a new project or idea please do contact us.