One of our members’ suggestions of good books and websites to get you started with learning more about permaculture:
- Permaculture in a Nutshell by Patrick Whitefield (£4.95 from amazon.co.uk)
- Permaculture: A Beginners Guide by Graham Burnett and Brigit Strawbridge (£7.20)
- Getting Started in Permaculture: 54 Projects for Home and Garden by Ross Mars and Jenny Mars (£7.93) – An OK book
- The Basics of Permaculture Design by Ross Mars and Martin Ducker (£12.71)
- Permaculture: Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren (£17.96)
- The Earth Care Manual: A Permaculture Handbook for Britain and Other Temperate Countries by Patrick Whitefield (£33.96) – An excellent text-book – very useful as a reference
- Permaculture: A Designers’ Manual by Bill Mollison and Andrew Jeeves (expensive – expect to pay around £100) – I’ve seen this book and it looks to be really good, but probably too expensive for individuals to buy.
- Permaculture in Practice (DVD), directed by Malcolm Baldwin (around £10.00) – has some good reviews, but I’ve not seen it.
Websites with information and downloadable resources include:
- www.permaculture.org.uk – the UK Permaculture Association.
- www.holmgren.com.au – David Holmgrens’ website offers articles, presentations, various publications as well as information on projects.
- www.tagari.com – Bill Mollison has inspired countless people to take action. He has published various books including Permaculture: A Designers’ Manual, and made articles available on the site.
- www.permacultureinternational.org – Australian based organisation that supports permaculture projects.